The IDI-KSC “Auditing SDGs programme” has the following results framework:
1. Advocacy and Awareness Raising
2. Guidance on Auditing of Preparedness for Implementation of SDGs
3. ISSAI Based Cooperative Performance Audit of Preparedness of Implementation of SDGs
4. Community of Practice on Auditing Sustainable Development
5. Lessons Learned and Compendium of Audit findings
The progress made on the results framework and the future plans are below:
Advocacy and Awareness Raising - As a part of advocacy the IDI has discussed auditing SDGs at its workshops with SAI Management and key stakeholders. The IDI participated in INTOSAI side event at UN High Level Political Forum 2016. The programme was presented in the IDI workshop with INTOSAI regions, in September 2016, held in Oslo/Norway and at OLACEFS assembly, in October 2016, held in Punta Cana/Dominican Republic. This initiative has also been discussed with different UN bodies, the Canadian Research and Educational Foundation (CCAF) and World Bank. Focus on SDGs has been suitably included in the SAI Strategic Management Framework and the support for strategic management that the IDI provides to SAIs. The IDI plans to conduct a SAI Leadership symposium on Auditing SDGs in May 2017.